We respect your right to privacy when we are interacting with you. This Privacy Notice explains how and for what purposes we use the information collected about you through our sites, our marketing campaigns and prospection activities.
You decide which personal data you would like to share with us.
Contact us at any time to find out what data we hold about you.
We share your data with our partners and affiliates in order to provide our services, secure your data or talk about us.
We have rules to keep your data safe and secure for as long as we need to process it.
SCOPE AND CONSENT
By using our Sites or by giving us your personal data, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice, please refrain from using or visiting our sites or providing personal data.
BRANDIT reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time. We will communicate to you any substantial changes which have been made but make sure you review it regularly.
DATA COLLECTED BY BRANDIT
We only collect personal information that is necessary for a specific purpose or that you provide to us with your consent, based on your actions and behaviors or for a legitimate reason:
- Personal contact information such as name, email, phone number, picture and demographic information, including age, gender or location;
- Payment information to register domain names or purchase our services;
- Proof of identity if required by registrar regulations (including, date of birth, passport or identity card);
- Account login information, when you use our domain name portal;
- Your comments that you share with us in particular on our social pages.
- Details about your work experience if you decide to apply for a position with us, including your CV, references or compensation details.
We may collect personal data about you from third party data aggregators (e.g. Google), promotional partners, public sources and third-party social networking sites. Such information may include personal data as part of your profile on a third-party social network and that you allow that third party to share with us, pursuant to their rules.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA AND USE IT
We may collect and use your personal data for a number of purposes, including:
- To respond to your queries and fulfil your orders;
- To allow you to access your user account;
- To contact you for marketing purposes, for example send you a newsletter;
- To enter into a commercial relationship with you;
- To review compatibility with a position we advertised, based on your application via our Site or on partners websites;
- For security and maintenance; for reporting; and for risk, dispute and record management.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- Affiliates of BRANDIT GmbH, including BRANDIT International GmbH and BRANDIT Consult GmbHin Switzerland, BRANDIT IPR, Denmark, BRANDIT Ltd, Malta;
- Service providers such as domain name registrars, monitoring platforms, marketing providers and hosting providers;
- Commercial partners, for example for joint services;
- Authorities when required by the law or any other legitimate obligation;
- E-commerce providers, such as platform provider or payment processors (ex: Paypal supporting the online ordering of our services).
The use of subcontractors for the processing of data such as domain name registries, registrars and data escrow providers is required due to the special nature of the procedure of administrating and registering domain names. It requires no further consent given that the use of these subcontractors is mandatory to execute orders under the agreement between BRANDIT and its clients. Name and address as well as the intended activity of these subcontractors are included in the information page for the specific TLDs (Top Level Domains).
We require such third parties, who may be based outside the country from which you have accessed the site, to comply with all relevant data protection laws.
HOW DO WE STORE, SECURE AND RETAIN DATA
We take all reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data we hold against loss, unauthorized access or disclosure and against other misuse. Your personal data will not be sold and will only be disclosed to a third party as provided in the Privacy Notice.
When the personal data that we collect is no longer required for the given purpose, or for legal requirements, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner. For example, we will delete all unnecessary data for example ID and Passport copies and signatures max. 2 years after the last renewal of your domains.
HOW YOU MAY ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND SEEK ITS CORRECTION
You can request access to the personal data we hold about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to tell us if you would like to withdraw your consent, correct, update or delete your personal data in our records. To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name and details. You should note that your data may still be available in our partner’s own databases it transmitted prior to us receiving your request.
You may opt-out at any time from marketing communications by following the ‘opt-out’ options provided or by contacting us (email@example.com). You may also limit the use of tracking technologies (such as cookies for which you can set your browser to warn you before accepting them, or you can simply set it to refuse them).
HOW TO CONTACT US
BRANDIT GmbH, registered in Switzerland under number CHE-471.792.960 acts as “data controller” for the personal data it processes in the framework of this Privacy Notice.
Please contact us by phone at +41 44515 65 75, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; by regular mail at BRANDIT GmbH, Wiesenstrasse 9, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland.
HOW TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA
If you feel that your data has been handled incorrectly, or you are unhappy with the way we have dealt with your query regarding the way we use your personal data, you have the right to complain. You should seek advice from the Supervisory Authority of the country where you reside.
A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to the hard drive of your device by a web server so that some information about your browsing activity can be collected.
We use the term “cookie’ for any technology that is collecting information from your device, such as information about your use of our apps and websites, about your device such as the device ID, IP address and browser type, demographic data and if applicable the URL of the linking page.
We also use web beacons or pixel tags to allow us to count visitors who have viewed our pages or read our promotional e-mail messages/newsletters. They are not used to access your personal information without your consent.
Necessary Cookies are used to
- Remember information you have entered when you navigate on our Site
- Identify you as being logged in to our site
- Remember the goods and services you ordered when you get to the checkout page
Performance cookies are used to
- Provide statistics on how our site is used
- See how effective our adverts are
- Detect any errors that occur
- Test different designs of our site
Functionality cookies are used to
- Remember settings you have applied such as layout, language, or preferences
- Show you when you
- are logged in to our Site
- Share information with partners to provide a service on our Site.
We use a cookie preference center to customize your cookies settings
You can customize the cookies you agree to activate by clicking on the cookie settings tab provided by our cookie preference center.
We reserve the right to make any changes and corrections to this Notice. Please refer to this page from time to time to review these and any new additional information.
BRANDIT GmbH 2020