As Paralegal in our Enforcement & Investigation Team, you will be responsible for identifying and reporting online Intellectual Property misuse for our clients.
Your role will involve reviewing monitoring results, in conjunction with online research techniques, to find and report online fraudulent activity, including counterfeiting and phishing attempts.
You will liaise with our legal counsels to suggest the best course of actions and manage conflict files.
The position is a 100% and will be based in our Malta (Msida) office.
Primary tasks and responsibilities include:
- Review monitoring inputs (domain names, social media, apps, logos etc.) for intellectual property infringements
- Prepare client recommendations and reports while considering other types of brand threats e.g. phishing, hacking, counterfeits etc.
- Create and deliver consultative reports containing online appearances of brand abuse
- Cooperatively work with different BRANDIT teams to ensure alignment with the customers’ brand monitoring strategy
- Manage pending files in our case management system
- Use open-source online resources to investigate potentially fraudulent activity
- Ability to be a self-starter and work in fast-paced environment
Experience and key competencies include:
- Strong Internet research skills required
- Experience as paralegal or with a legal related degree
- A basic understanding of online trademark and copyright infringements
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English
- Solid Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team orientated environment
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to prioritize work unsupervised
- Ability to produce quality results with a high attention to detail
- Previous experience working within a technology driven environment is a bonus
We are offering you
- A dynamic organisation that is growing rapidly
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- A positive, encouraging work environment with first-class colleagues
- Sustainable company values
- Competitive compensation package
You are the ideal candidate, if ….
- You are ambitious, independent and responsible
- You consider punctuality and quality a matter of honour
- You work efficiently and structured without constant supervision; at the same time, you are able to work on various tasks at once
- You are open minded with good social skills that make communication clear, constructive, and distinctive on any level
- You are a team player who welcomes feedback and is not afraid to give feedback, when necessary
- You can find joy even in the most mundane task and make it more interesting for yourself
How to apply?
Sound like your perfect job? Then send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed based on your CV and your covering letter.
Your e-mail address will be used to send you communication messages and invitations to our events in accordance with our Privacy Notice. You can unsubscribe at any time.
© 2020 BRANDIT. All Rights Reserved. Privacy notice & Terms and Conditions